Thursday, September 28

Today it all kind of hit me, how I am at university now, and I could be for the next five years. Or more I guess, if I suck at it. But that wasn't the only thing that hit me. I also realized how much information there is to know. Some of it useful, and some of it completely pointless and just trivial. I also went through my Capernwray notes that I took a year ago and I thought about the notes I was taking now. I compared how the notes I took then were based on a book that I believed to be true, not just some textbook of something that happened or got proved or disproved or discovered by another Dr. Bob John at the University Institution of Graduate Studies. The Bible contains the truth that I base my life on, it shapes how and more importantly, who I am in Christ.


As I was going through my Capernwray notes, I realized that I drew a lot of dumb pictures and wrote down a lot of quotes. Here Jerry was talking to us about people looking at events in Israel and trying to predict when Jesus would return. I don't know why but this was one of my favorite quotes. Maybe it was just the way Jerry tucked his chin in and giggled after telling us one more time that he learned to count in seminary.


"...even a broken clock is right twice a day."

3 comments:

Yours Truly said...

Hey Mike!! glad to have found your blog from Jado's....know what you mean about the priveledge of studying God's word...so much different than reg. school!! Miss you!!
linds

Jen J said...

Oh Jerry, I liked him. Nice picture too, it's a spitting image of him. That's cool that you're looking back to the old notes, good on ya. Keep following hard after Him! Jen

Cassie said...

I like the artwork there mike... well i am surprised you didnt get the pooh froggy yet, i sent him a while ago to your house address... well hopefully he didnt get lost in the mail, take care!!!
cas